We recommend reading through the STEPN Whitepaper first before trying out any of the STEPN App's functionalities.
For faster resolution, please read the below article first before raising a ticket with the Customer Support team.
🔸 I'm trying to import an existing wallet of mine, and I'm getting the error "You must have Google Authentication turned on in order to perform this action". I don't want to turn on 2FA, how do I proceed?
✅ 2FA is a necessary security layer to protect your assets, and it is mandatory for connecting any wallet to STEPN. However, you can take the following steps if you don't want to keep 2FA in your account:
- Log into STEPN.
- In the landing screen, tap your profile icon at the upper left corner of the screen.
- In the next window, tap the "Google Authenticator" toggle to switch it ON.
- Proceed with setting up your Google Authenticator/2FA.
- Once 2FA has been set up, go back to the landing screen. tap the Solana or Binance icon at the upper right. (Input your wallet passcode in case it asks for one.)
- In the next window, tap the gear icon at the upper right corner of the screen. (Input your wallet passcode in case it asks for one.)
- Choose "Restore Wallet". With 2FA enabled, you should now be able to proceed.
- Proceed with importing your wallet until completion.
- Go back to the landing screen, and tap your profile icon at the upper left corner of the screen.
- In the next window, tap the "Google Authenticator" toggle to switch it OFF.
If performed successfully, these steps will let you import your wallet and keep 2FA disabled in your STEPN account.
For other 2FA issues, please refer to our 2FA Google Authenticator Issues List.