We recommend reading through the STEPN Whitepaper first before trying out any of the STEPN App's functionalities.
Please check if there are recent App Issues affecting transactions as well.
For faster resolution, please read the below article first before raising a ticket with the Customer Support team.
🔸 My phone broke / I lost my phone and my 2FA authenticator, how can I resolve this? Can I remove the 2FA on my STEPN account?
✅ When you set up your 2FA for the first time between STEPN and your Google Authenticator, STEPN provides you a QR code that you can save. This QR code needs to be re-scanned when you set up a new Google Authenticator on a new device. However, if you have lost this QR code, you will need to reach out to Google to see if they can restore access to the apps you had under your Google Authenticator.
You may also request to have your 2FA removed from your STEPN account by reaching out to Customer Support, but whether we can assist you or not depends on how well you can prove that you own the account in question. You can create a CS ticket here: https://support.stepn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
🔸 I never had 2FA in my account before, and it's asking for one now, how can I get rid of it?
✅ STEPN's 2FA requirement has to be manually activated/linked to your Google Authenticator or any other authenticator app before it can be enabled for STEPN. The only ways 2FA can be enabled on an account without your consent would be if:
- You gave someone else access to your STEPN account (such as family or friends)
- Your account has been taken over and the scammer/hacker has access to your email address, therefore allowing him to enable 2FA on it without your consent. A telltale sign of this is 2FA related email messages in your inbox.
Should you have 2FA issues, we encourage you to reach out to Customer Support so we can assist you with your concerns: https://support.stepn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
🔸 I tried to import a wallet into STEPN, but it keeps saying "Google Authenticator failed". What should I do?
✅ Please try the following steps, in order:
- First, please go to your phone's time settings and make sure your phone is set to network time, not manual time.
- Go to your Google Authenticator, tap the three dots at the upper right corner > Settings > "Time Correction for codes" > Sync now. Then try again.
- If it still fails, it is possible that the STEPN profile that you have in your Google Authenticator is not the same profile you currently have in your STEPN account.
- To avoid confusion, delete any other STEPN 2FA QR code images that you might have saved on your phone.
- Disable 2FA from your STEPN account. To do so,
- Remove your STEPN profile from your Google Authenticator as well.
- Go back to STEPN and reactivate 2FA in your STEPN account. You will be given a new QR code to use for linking to your Google Authenticator. screenshot and save that QR code.
If the above steps fail to work for you, we may be able to assist if you provide enough proof that you are the owner of the account. Please reach out to Customer Support so we can assist you with your concerns: https://support.stepn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
🔸 I'm trying to import an existing wallet of mine, and I'm getting the error "You must have Google Authentication turned on in order to perform this action". I don't want to turn on 2FA, how do I proceed?
✅ We strongly encourage keeping 2FA enabled on your account at all times. However, if you want to proceed with turning of your 2FA, please refer to our instructions for importing wallets into STEPN when you don't want 2FA enabled.