Please note that the STEPN Whitepaper provides thorough information regarding the STEPN App's functionalities.
You may also use the "Submit Request" button at the bottom of this article to reach out to our Customer Support team for further assistance.
🔸 I keep seeing the "Moonwalking" message a few minutes after I start my walk, why is that?
🔸 I'm seeing super straight lines in my route, and I seem to be earning less GST as a result, why is this happening?
✅ It should be noted that the app requires three basic data points to properly calculate your GST earnings:
- Stable Internet connection
- Clear GPS reception
- Readable human movement
When any of these three data points are lost, the Player may see a "Moonwalking" message on their screen.
The most common cause of Moonwalking is GPS loss and loss of readable human movement. Users of older phone models may also get a "Moonwalking" status a few seconds after beginning each run, though the status usually goes away after a few more seconds.
When you get a "Moonwalking" status, try the steps below:
- Move outdoors where there's good GPS reception. Moving indoors will most likely be considered moonwalking (moonwalking will lead to ZERO GST earnings).
- Ensure that you have readable human movement. Do not put your phone in a purse, a loose pocket, behind you inside a backpack, etc. which may result in the app not reading your movement properly.
- Ensure that you are not using a rooted/jailbroken device and/or altered OS. STEPN will constantly show "moonwalking" on such devices. To resolve this, you will need to use a device that is not rooted/jailbroken/doesn't have an altered OS.
if none of the above helps, you may also try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Close and reopened the STEPN app.
- Shut down and reboot your phone/mobile device.
- Change your location when running.