We recommend reading through the STEPN Whitepaper first before trying out any of the STEPN App's functionalities.
If you are experiencing errors or issues, please visit our Troubleshooting Section first before raising a ticket with the Customer Support team.
🔸 How do I download STEPN?
✅ STEPN can only be downloaded from the Google Play Store, or the Apple App Store.
🔸 How do I play STEPN?
✅ Please go to our How to Play link here: https://stepn.com/howToPlay
🔸 What is an Activation Code, and where do I get that?
✅ Activation codes allow you to create a new STEPN account, and is designed to prevent huge spikes in membership increase within the app. There are only two ways to get an Activation Code:
- By going to our social media channels, where we replenish activation codes on a daily schedule;
- By asking for an Activation code from any current STEPN player.
However, there are times when an Activation Code is not needed. If you tried to create a new STEPN account and the app did not ask for an Activation Code, that means an Activation Code is not required at this time.
🔸 STEPN is asking for a Verification Code, where do I get that?
🔸 I'm seeing an "Account Login" just under the email address/code box. What's that?
✅ There are two ways to log into the app: via Account Login, or Verification code Login. No matter which Login method you use, you will be logged into the same account as long as the same email address is used in both login methods:
- Account Login, which lets you use your email address and a password you registered during account creation.
- Verification Login is where you just put in your email address and press "Send Code". This sends a Verification code to the inbox of the email address you provided, and you can use it to log into STEPN without a password.
- If you are having issues with your Account Password, you can use Verification Login instead, at any time, and send yourself a Verification Code instead. Once you're logged into your account, you can then set up a new password.
- If you're not receiving any Verification Code email messages in your inbox, please check your spam and trash folders, as your email filters may have misdirected them there. If you still haven't received the Verification email even after waiting for a few minutes, press the "send code" again to request for another one. If you have already tried requesting for a code several times and still haven't received anything, please reach out to Customer Support by pressing the "Submit Request" button at the bottom of this article.
🔸 For how long is the Verification Code valid?
✅ The Verification Code is only valid for 10 minutes after it has been sent. Once it has expired and/or doesn't work, just request a new Verification Code. Note that requesting a new Verification code will invalidate all previous Verification Codes.
🔸 It looks like I need a sneaker to earn GST. How do I get a Sneaker?
✅ You can purchase one from the in-app Marketplace using GMT.
- If you're on Android, just tap the Shopping Cart icon at the bottom of the screen to go to the Marketplace.
- If you're on iOS, you can access the marketplace by going to https://m.stepn.com. Just sign in with your STEPN account email address and password or Verification Code.
🔸 I don't have GMT, where do I get this?
✅ There are two ways to get GMT in STEPN:
- Earn GMT. You can either buy a level 30 sneaker or raise one on your own. For best results, a GMT-earning sneaker should have above average to high COMFORT stat, and preferably several COMFORT gem sockets. When walking/jogging/running, make sure to toggle the earning option to "GMT" instead of "GST".
- Buy GMT. Exchange your SOL/BNB/ETH tokens for GMT inside the in-app wallet. Note that:
- You can exchange SOL to GMT if you're in the Solana Network
- You can exchange BNB to GMT if you're in the BSC Chain
- You can exchange ETH to GMT if you're in the Solana Network
🔸 It looks like STEPN has a Solana network, BSC network, and Eth network. What's the difference?
✅ Currently STEPN has three realms: Solana, BSC chain, and Eth. Each one is a realm separate from one another, with its own server, players, sneakers, economic mechanisms, and prices. This allows players to use STEPN in their preferred network.
Note that SOL, BNB, and ETH all use the same GMT token. However, GST is NOT shared across realms-- Solana uses sGST, Binance uses bGST, and Eth or Ape realm uses eGST.
🔸 Do I have to choose which network I want to play in?
✅ Yes, because each network has its own ecosystem. Sneakers in Solana can't be used in Binance/Eth; sneakers in Binance can't be used in Eth/Sol, and sneakers in Eth can't be used in Solana/Binance.
If you're on the Solana network, you can only earn and use Solana / sGST.
If you're on the Binance network, you can only earn and use Binance / bGST.
If you're on the Ethereum network, you can only earn and use Ethereum / ebGST.
🔸 I don't have SOL, how do I get SOL?
I don't have BNB, how do I get BNB?
I don't have ETH, how do I get ETH?
✅ To add SOL to your Solana wallet, or BNB to your Binance wallet, follow our How to Fund your STEPN account guide.
🔸 How do I know which Sneaker is best for me?
✅ Before you buy any sneaker:
- First and foremost, read the whitepaper. Once you've read it, you know about 70% of everything that needs to be known about STEPN: <https://whitepaper.stepn.com/>
If that's too much reading for you, you can also read <https://stepn.com/howToPlay>, but that just gives the basics.
- Download the STEPN app, then use it (even without a sneaker) to measure what your comfortable speed is, i.e. what speed can you maintain without problems for 10 mins, or 20 mins, 30 mins etc.
- Once you have your comfortable speed, go back to the whitepaper and check which sneaker type works best for you (each sneaker type has its optimal speed; moving faster or slower than the optimal speed of that sneaker will decrease your GST earnings)
- When looking to buy sneakers, check the DURABILITY of your sneaker. if the durability is not at 100/100, that means you will have to spend some GST to repair it, which increases the real cost of the sneaker. If you have zero GST, my suggestion is: DO NOT PURCHASE SNEAKERS THAT HAVE LESS THAN 90 DURABILITY.
- In an ideal world, everyone would have at least 3 sneakers: one for GST earning (EFF/RES), one for GMT earning (COMF/RES), and another one for mystery box farming (LUCK/RES).
- GET A GST EARNING SNEAKER FIRST. Look for a sneaker that has a base of 5+ EFFICIENCY and/or 5+ RESILIENCE at level 0 (or if you add up the sneakers' natural EFF and natural RES, you get a sum of 10+). This sneaker is what you'll use to earn GST and level up/mint other sneakers.
- If you're in the game for the long haul, max the sneaker's level to 28 as soon as possible.
- If you want to recoup your investments first, you can stop levelling once you reach level 19, and start cashing out your GST.
- You can then choose whether to a. continue maxing your sneaker, b. focus on levelling a GMT earning sneaker, or c. focus on levelling a Mystery box farming sneaker.
Finally, please be careful of making purchasing decisions while the app is still in EARLY ACCESS. This means that in-game mechanics may still change.
🔸 I just bought a sneaker from Magic Eden/received a sneaker from a friend, and it says it's on Cooldown? WHY??
✅Sneakers undergo a 24 hour cooldown whenever it lands in a new wallet. After that, it starts earning energy based on a global schedule.
🔸 When do I get energy? How much energy do I get daily?
✅ Energy replenishes on a global schedule, which means EVERYONE gets their energy replenished at the same during the same hour/s.
Energy is replenished every 6 hours, at 13:00, 19:00, 1:00, 7:00 AM UTC.
So whether you have 2 energy or 20 energy, it replenishes in the same way:
- first 6 hours of the day: 25% energy
- next 6 hours: 50% of energy
- next 6 hours: 75% of energy
- final 6 hours: 100% energy (completely filled)
Note that energy not used today, will NOT be carried over the next day. So use your energy whenever you can! ⚡
🔸 How fast can I get my ROI in STEPN?
✅ There are "base returns" provided in the whitepaper that can give you an approximate idea how much you can earn, but keep in mind that GST earnings depend on a lot of factors:
- Shoe attributes (especially efficiency)
- Shoe count (how many sneakers you have, since more sneakers = generally more energy)
- Shoe quality (common, uncommon, rare, etc.)
- Shoe type (walker, jogger, runner, or trainer, since this decides optimal speed) and whether you can actually move within that optimal speed
- Shoe Durability (you get less GST at 50% durability or lower)
- GPS signal (you won't earn as much if your GPS signal is poor and/or the app considers you as moonwalking. moonwalking = no GST earned, energy may/may not be deducted)
- Internet signal strength and stability (if you lose internet connection, you will also be considered moonwalking)
- Gems in sockets (especially efficiency gems)
- Randomization (there's an in-app calculation that randomizes earnings per minute)
- Ensure that you are not using a phone that has been jailbroken, rooted, or has an altered OS. STEPN will not work properly on such a device, and you may earn ZERO GST.
You can calculate ROI yourself using the details in our whitepaper: https://whitepaper.stepn.com/. The base returns per sneaker, optimal speed per sneaker, sneaker attributes and what they do, etc. they're all there.
However, we can't offer ROI estimates, we can't offer financial advice, and we will always recommend to DYOR (do your own research). Only invest money in crypto that you can afford to lose.
🔸 Someone messaged me that STEPN has a stealth mint / limited event / special giveaway. Is this true?
✅ All upcoming events are announced in STEPN's official Social Media channels. Our official Social Media channels are in our Links page. If the event is not listed there, it's FAKE. If you were directly messaged by a fellow Discord or Telegram member talking about such an event, that person is a scammer.
🔸 I have a business proposal/investment proposal/collaboration proposal/partnership, how do I reach out to STEPN?
✅ Please go to our Official Linktree Page and look for "Partner with STEPN".
If we're interested with your proposal, we will reach out to you!
🔸 My channel or company wants to do an AMA/interview/Twitter space with STEPN, who do I reach out to?
✅Please go to our Official Linktree Page and look for "AMA/Twitter Space/Interview". If we're interested, we'll contact you!