Please note that the STEPN Whitepaper provides thorough information regarding the STEPN App's functionalities.
You may also use the "Submit Request" button at the bottom of this article to reach out to our Customer Support team for further assistance.
🔸 I'm interested in STEPN. Where and how do I start?
✅ The first step in your STEPN journey begins with reading the STEPN Whitepaper. You can think of this as the user manual for the STEPN app, and it is constantly revised to show up-to-date information. Once you have read it, you know about 70% of everything that needs to be known about STEPN.
- If that's too much reading for you and just want to start as soon as possible, you can also read our basic How to Play Guide.
✅ Next, download the STEPN app by downloading it from either the Play Store (for Android users) or the App Store (for iOS users).
✅ Next, use the STEPN app first without a sneaker. This will help you get a feel of how the app works, and also help determine what your comfortable speed is, i.e. what speed can you maintain without problems for 10 mins, or 20 mins, 30 mins etc.,
- Once you have your comfortable speed, go back to the whitepaper and check which sneaker type works best for you (i.e. Walker, Jogger, Runner, or Trainer Sneaker). Each sneaker type has its optimal speed; this is important because moving faster or slower than your Sneaker Type's optimal speed will reduce your GST earnings.
✅ Next, decide on which Realm you want to get sneakers in. STEPN currently has three realms: SOL, BNB, and ETH. Though it is possible to get sneakers for each realm, most players prefer to focus on a single realm.
- Once you have decided on a realm, set up a wallet in that realm. You may go here for guidance on How to Create Wallets in STEPN.
- You will also need the correct currency for the Realm that you will be playing in. You may go here for Guidance on how to fund your STEPN wallet.
✅ You now have the app, have a wallet set up, and have funds in your wallet. It's time to go shopping for a new sneaker!
There are generally 3 different orientations of sneakers: GST earning (EFFICIENCY/RES), GMT earning (COMFORT/RES), and Mystery Box (MB) farming (LUCK/RES).
- If this is going to be your very first shoe, we recommend focusing on GST earning first (EFFICIENCY). GST is the currency used to do most of the tasks inside STEPN, such as leveling up your sneaker, repairing your Sneaker durability, and minting more sneakers.
- If you already have 3 sneakers or more, you may also consider an MB earning (LUCK) sneaker for farming Mystery Boxes.
- GMT earning (COMFORT) is recommended for advanced players with a surplus of GST, since GMT farming will not earn GST but will still need GST for repair.
- When looking at the marketplace to buy sneakers, check the DURABILITY of your sneaker. if the durability is not at 100/100, that means you will have to spend some GST to repair it, which increases the real cost of the sneaker. If you have zero GST, my suggestion is: DO NOT PURCHASE SNEAKERS THAT HAVE LESS THAN 90 DURABILITY.
- If you're in the game for the long haul, max your sneaker's level to 28 as soon as possible, or if budget permits, buy sneakers that are already near or around this level.
- Some players want to recoup your investments first, so they stop levelling at level 19, and start cashing out their GST to get their ROI.
- If you need more advice, you may also reach out to other STEPN players via our social media channels, which you can find in our STEPN Official Links Page.
Finally, please be careful of making purchasing decisions while the app is still in EARLY ACCESS. This means that in-game mechanics may still change.